The new normal has brought something unfamiliar- Post-Covid Stress but it is not something that is taken seriously. People have been observed to become careless about their health after their recovery from Covid-19 treatment. But post-Covid precautions are a must to follow and therefore, is advised by doctors.
In most of the cases, people are advised to do Yoga or meditation for mental and physical relaxation. This methodology is rather simple and impacts- long-lasting. For people with severe health issues or extreme weakness, half an hour of Yoga can strengthen their immune system and respiratory system rapidly!
There are certain post-Covid follow up protocols that one ought to follow and are mentioned below. Let us take a look-
- Appropriate use of face-mask for every time you step out. Make sure it covers your nose and your mouth.
- Personal hygiene should be taken care of which includes washing your hands regularly and practising social distancing.
- Adequate consumption of warm water.
- One can go out for a stroll every evening or morning, depending on your choice.
- Regular practice of Yoga and meditation every day would bring a lot of change within a few initial months.
In case you want to know more about the precautions concerning post-Covid care, here is the entire protocol issued by the Government of India- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Since we have mentioned the points that concern post-Covid care, let us now see what all Yoga asanas and Pranayamas that can be practised to make our post-Covid care treatment more effective.
1.ANULOM VILOM- For this asana, you have to use only your thumb and your index finger to block your nostrils. First of all, inhale using your right nostril. Take in a deep breath and hold your breath in for a few seconds. While you do this, make sure the left nostril is blocked. After that, block the right nostril you inhaled from and exhale using your left nostril. Now inhale from the left nostril and hold in a few seconds. After that, block your left nostril right away to exhale from your right nostril. Repeat this process for a good 10-15 minutes every day and feel the difference.
2.BHRAHMARI- Named after the Black Indian Bee, Bhrahmari gets its name from the exhalation sound that is similar to the buzz of the Indian Black Bee. This asana is effective for those who are going through a mild stressful phase after their Covid treatment. Place your index finger at the cartridge of your ear and press it a little in. Inhale using your nose and exhale through your mouth. While you exhale, make sure you make a sound similar to the buzz of a bee. Repeat this entire process about 5 to 6 times.
3.DHANURASANA- Lie on your stomach and exhale to begin. Now slowly bend your knees and bring the ankles towards your hands. Inhale and gently lift your thighs, head and chest as up as possible. The weight of your body should be placed at your lower abdomen. Look upwards and breath now. Stay in this position for a few minutes, depending on your capacity to hold yourself. And slowly release yourself back on the ground flat on your belly. A few minutes daily can help with a better immune system for you.
4. VRKSASANA- This asana starts with you standing in a Namaskar position with your eyes closed. Place your right foot with the help of your hand towards your inner thigh. Then bring back your hands to the Namaskar position. Stay in that position for a few seconds. Repeat the same with your left foot. You don’t have to worry too much if you’re unable to balance yourself on a foot. Once you place your foot in your inner thigh and are in the Namaskar position, make sure you look straight and focus on one particular object. This will help you with your balance. A regular practise can help bring balance and equilibrium to the mind.
These were certain asanas that focused on your breathing, strengthening your immune system and on the health of your mind. These asanas can help you stay positive post your Covid treatment along with keeping your mind and body strong at the same time.